Great Places Housing Group is to distribute another £50,000 through its Community Resilience Fund to help support community groups and organisations hit by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Thanks to £30,000 from Great Places and £20,000 from one of its development partners Countryside, the new funding follows the £100,000 that was released before Christmas through the group’s Community Resilience Fund.
A total of 13 groups benefited from the initial round of funding with an additional 19 organisations, including in this second tranche across Greater Manchester, Lancashire, and South Yorkshire.
All 19 organisations set to benefit from the cash injection support the group’s guiding principles for the fund and will ensure their priority neighbourhoods and customers have access to the help they need.
Each of the organisations target one of the following key themes: poverty reduction including fuel, furniture, and food; employment, training and volunteering opportunities; financial and digital inclusion; and organisational resilience.
Guy Cresswell, executive director of Customer Services, said: “The new round of funds will allow the successful organisations to help them to recover and rebuild from this pandemic and support those most affected.
“I would like to thank Countryside for their significant contribution to the fund.”
Read more about Great Places:
- Great Places to build 18 homes for over-55s in Bolton
- Great Places to build 42 affordable homes in Blackburn
- Great Places wins big at Housing Heroes awards
Tom Hutton, head of Foundation 92, one of the organisations receiving a share of the fund, said: “Foundation 92 is delighted to have received the funding from Great Places as part of their Community Resilience Fund.
“We are committed to working collaboratively to support those who are facing hardship relating to employment, and we look forward to creating sustainable pathways into employment and training through our programme.”
The organisations set to receive funding are as follows:
- Smart Works Greater Manchester- Stockport
- Foundation 92 – Salford
- Samaritans of Stockport and District – Stockport
- Community Music Co Op – Stockport
- Crossroads Derbyshire – Glossop
- Hadfield Coming Together – Glossop
- Levenshulme Inspire Foundation – Levenshulme
- Humans Mcr – Manchester
- Bounceback Food CIC – Knutsford
- Ark Assist North West – Oldham
- Oldham Boxing & Personal Development Centre – Oldham
- Careerwise CIC – Wigan and Leigh
- CommUNITY Little Hulton – Salford
- ERA Educational Respectful Attitudes – Sheffield
- SACMHA Health & Social Care – Sheffield
- Manor Castle Development Trust Ltd – Sheffield
- MASKK (Manor After School & Kids Klubs) – Sheffield
- Counselling in the Community – Blackpool
- The Magic Club – Blackpool
Are you a social housing professional? Sign up for a FREE MEMBERSHIP to upload news stories, post job vacancies, and connect with colleagues on our secure social feed.