We’re looking for an exceptional Head of Service who wants to make a difference and thrives in a challenging environment.
If you have proven data, financial planning and investment experience gained delivering an asset management service, this is a fabulous opportunity to join us as our Head of Strategic Asset Management.
Progress Housing Group is a Registered Provider owning more than 10,000 homes. This includes around 7,000 general needs and older persons units located largely in the North West and more than 3,000 supported living homes, largely for people with a learning disability, located throughout the country.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be the organisational lead ensuring the Group implements best practice strategic asset management framework. You’ll play a key role in ensuring the organisation makes sound investment and divestment decisions based on clear criteria and accurate financial and non-financial datasets. You’ll lead the development and application of stock appraisal tools and processes, implementing the asset management strategy and developing and implementing asset quality standards. You’ll also be the lead for developing and embedding our Environmental Strategy to ensure we meet our carbon reduction targets and for any relevant improvement projects to ensure we have lean and digitally enabled processes and working closely with teams across the business.
What you’ll need
- Extensive experience of working at a Head of Service/senior management level in the housing sector and have a proven track record of leading a dynamic team.
- Demonstrable expertise of actively managing housing portfolio assets to achieve optimum financial performance is essential, knowledge of environmental and carbon legislation and an awareness of the broader climate change agenda is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of Asset Management databases and datasets, including stock condition survey data, energy performance data and compliance data is a must as you will be ensuring the Asset Management property database and datasets are continually updated and seamlessly interface with other operational systems. This includes stock condition data and investment programme modelling; planned maintenance module, compliance data, and energy data.
- Experience of working with Data Management systems and Data Integration is essential.
- Experience of developing and reviewing an asset management strategy, including the ability to fully consult with tenants and residents, colleagues and stakeholders ensuring that their views and requirements are effectively considered, incorporated and delivered.
What’s in it for you?
A salary and benefits package, including 26 days (rising to 31 after 5 years and 33 after 10 years) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme, healthcare and wellbeing plan (not to mention agile and flexible working and career development opportunities).
We are committed to promoting diverse and inclusive communities in the workplace and through everything we do.
We have clear ambitions to lead the way in our sector.
This is where you can come in and play your part.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.progressgroup.org.uk.