Central looks at how they provided The Regenda Group – a medium-sized Registered Social Housing Provider (RSHP) with 13,000 homes – with multi-level support
The Regenda Group was formed in 2001, combining ‘regeneration’ with its ‘agenda’ to create opportunities across the communities it works alongside. The Group encompasses housing and construction, care and support, as well as education, training and careers.
Regenda Homes is an award-winning RSHP which is part of the Group. With more than 13,000 homes across the North West, expanding across Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Lancashire, Regenda Homes enables access to quality, affordable homes.
In 2016, the Regenda Group made the decision to return to its Liverpool roots, moving its head office back to Liverpool city centre from Bolton, where it had been leasing an office.
The Group wanted to move back to its 12,500 sq ft office space which it owned in Commutation Plaza, overlooking St.George’s Hall and Walker Art Gallery, with the building needed to be ready for colleagues moving back in April of that year.
Regenda had also regenerated 12,000 sq ft of office space at The Foundry on Henry Street, which would be used by staff returning to Liverpool.
Initially, Regenda partnered with Central in 2016 to assist with the migration of its staff, setting up new networks to enable a smooth transition of IT applications, with the Central team since providing further multi-level support.
Central assisted with the migration of Regenda’s staff and Head Office facilities from Bolton to Liverpool, setting up new networks to achieve this aim, providing help desk support as an additional resource for Regenda’s IT applications team, as well as assisting the social landlord with disaster recovery, and data centre and infrastructure support – including data storage.
Over the last six years, Central’s multi-level support for Regenda has included:
- Assisting with the migration from Bolton to Liverpool, setting up new networks.
- Supporting seamless onsite moves and local subsets for each of Regenda’s offices, providing cabling as IT equipment as required to get new sites up and running quickly and smoothly.
- Managed Regenda’s help desk 24/7, providing consistency, as Regenda’s in-house IT team has developed.
- Providing core infrastructure support for Regenda’s applications team.
- Delivering a service desk for Regenda to raise tickets.
- Providing third or fourth level support for Regenda’s bespoke systems, such as enabling remote access for colleagues to the Citrix desktop.
- Disaster Recovery assistance and sourcing hardware for Regenda’s data centre – Regenda’s Storage Area Network (SAN) is connected through Central. Three years ago the SAN failed – Regenda’s in-house IT team logged it with Central who worked over the weekend to fix it, so by Monday morning it was fixed. Regenda colleagues were unaware of any issues, even though the timeframes were outside of Central’s contract.
Aled Morgan, ICT Technical manager at Regenda, said: “Central is a valued partner for Regenda – this has been an ongoing relationship and one we’re keen to keep moving forward.
“The Central team always do their best to help us and will discuss any contractual specifics after any issue is resolved, even if it is outside of their remit.
“We hold strategy sessions with Central, who we see as an extra resource and an extension of our technical team. We want them to be involved and understand what they’ve done and what they are planning.
“We’re keen to get their expertise and learning outcomes if they have delivered the service before.
“Central staff are realistic about things and will offer an alternative – we’ve got similar ideas. Central is always keen to help and the team is interested in what’s happened. They want to be involved and add value.”
Regenda has a strong relationship with Central – which has become an extension of Regenda’s IT team, with regular account reviews and annual strategy sessions.
The in-house IT team talk through any issues with Central, together finding an alternative.
John Blackburn, director of Operations at Central Networks, said: “Central has a very strong relationship with Regenda.
“We are proud to work alongside Regenda’s evolving IT technical applications team to plug any gaps, as and when required, offering multi-level support for Regenda’s ever-changing business needs.
“We also enjoy adding value, using our expertise to bounce ideas off each over at our regular strategy sessions.”
Read next: Orbit offers homes to Ukrainian refugees
Are you a social housing professional? Sign up for a FREE MEMBERSHIP to upload news stories, post job vacancies, and connect with colleagues on our secure social feed.